Couldn’t make it to our #GivingTuesday webinar? Here’s everything you missed:
Check out the video for a full recording of the webinar, including questions. You’ll find the presentation slides below, and we’ve written up a short summary for all you skimmers out there! The presentation covered three main areas — donation forms, donor stewardship, donor personas and action items.
- 55% of people gave online in 2014 (up from 4% in 2002)
- Branded donation forms raise 7x more than generic donation forms
- If you can, create a dedicated donation form for #GivingTuesday, with relevant #GivingTuesday wording and branding
- Ideally, you should have a customized donation form for each segment of donors
- Ex: A donation form for previous donors might read: “Thanks for your previous support. We still need your help!”
- But the most important thing is having a donation form up and ready! #GivingTuesday is about online donations, make sure your donation form is working so you don’t miss out.
- Traditionally we think of donor engagement as a linear process, ending with stewardship. We need to think of it more as a constant cycle, with stewardship informing every step of the process (description at 15:45 in the video).
- Continuing engagement is the key to successful stewardship. Don’t think of a donation confirmation as a receipt — think of it as the next step toward re-engaging your donors.
- Developing a stewardship strategy starts with passion. Leverage you and your donor’s passion in your messaging to create the foundation for an engaging, lasting relationship.
- Since #GivingTuesday is a growing movement, it can apply to a wide range of your org’s current and potential donors.
- Consider creating one appeal for previous donors, letting them know how their continued support will help you achieve a specific goal.
- And create a separate appeal for disengaged donors. As the momentum behind #GivingTuesday grows larger, it may be the perfect time to reignite a lapsed donor’s interest in your organization.
- Watch the recording at 19:05 to learn more about creating customized messaging for separate donor personas.
- In just one week, your organization can:
- Create a #GivingTuesday donation page
- Encourage social giving
- Reach out to invested donors for buy in
- Develop a simple stewardship plan
- For next year, your organization can:
- Identify a matching donor
- Develop a multi-media plan
- Create a detailed retention plan
- Build upon this year’s success
For more detail, watch the webinar recording or check out the presentation slides below.